Lifehouse Body & Soul
Mindfulness for Men
- Achieve more with less stress
- Find a brotherhood of like-minded individuals
- Learn anger-control, parenting, and relationship skills
- Understand yourself better–thoughts, emotions, past challenges
- Become a better individual, husband, father, brother, son, friend
Mindfulness for Men -- $250
Mindfulness & Meditation
Over 16,000 scholarly articles have documented the scientific benefits of long-term mindfulness practice.
- sharper thinking and attention
- greater stress resilience
- increased compassion
- improved mental health
- positive impact on relationships
- reduced bias
Weekly meetings held Wednesday nights: 8:15-9:45pm. Each meeting includes:
- an accountability check-in
- guided mediation practice
- course curriculum study & discussion
- optional sharing
We Might Be for You If:
- You are tired of going through life numb, stressed, and angry.
- You are struggling in your closest relationships and don’t know why.
- You have tried therapy but aren’t yet achieving the changes you are looking for. (The magic key? Getting the body involved!)
- You are burned out by the rat-race and need real, practical solutions to deal with stress.
- You feel restless and simply want more out of life!
Daily Practice Upgrade
To get the most out of the program, consider adding the Daily Practice Upgrade, which gives you access to 3 movement/meditation classes each week in addition to your evening Course meeting. The more you practice, the more you progress. And if you hate yoga, that’s exactly why you need it. Come see how quickly you can become more flexible, on and off the mat.
What is the Mindfulness for Men Course?
The LBS Mindfulness for Men program is a unique blend of mindfulness practice, yoga philosophy, modern therapies, and traditional 12-Step.
The program aims to offer the same fellows-among-fellows platform as found in traditional 12-Step circles, without tying progress or identities to specific behaviors. In other words: No labels. No shame. Just people learning how to be more skillfully human.
Mindfulness for Men promotes the idea that we all need recovery in one way or another. The program offers universal principles and accountability through a compassion-based, trauma-sensitive, and somatic-centered lens.
The 18-week session length is intentional, because long-term behavior change happens with consistency over time. In matters of the soul and psyche, there simply is no shortcut. We can promise you that if you commit to the program, you will experience life-changing results.
Stephen Nibley has wide-ranging life experience, including roughnecking in the oil fields of the Uinta Basin, operating his own fast food restaurants, working in corporate management, appraising and selling real estate, It was a lot of great experience, but it came with a price that was ruining his life. He was in a downward spiral and every aspect of his life was imploding: relationships, career and finances, and physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
In 2003 he discovered yoga, specifically the form identified as Jnana yoga which emphasizes study, self-inquiry and meditation. Establishing a daily practice of Jnana yoga reversed the direction of his life, creating a pattern of continuous improvement in all the areas of his life that were failing before.
In 2011 he began teaching meditation workshops and working full-time as a life skills coach for homeless drug addicts. Continuing his yoga practice, he teaches several meditation workshops each year and mentors clients one-on-one as a certified Strategic Intervention Life Coach.
He loves life with his wife Heather, living in Provo, Utah. They have seven children and sixteen grandchildren; who are providing a whole new level of life experience.